Online Lessons at CMA
Creative Music Adventures is an online music school that teachers you more than just the notes.
We want to help people experience music as a transformative and fun part of their lives. Have you ever noticed that traditional music lessons can be a little stuffy, out of touch or stressful? Do you remember recitals as a kid and how stressful they were? Or did you just prepare one piece at a time only to forget everything you learned several months later? Maybe you went from exam to exam, or competition to competiion as a kid.
Our mission since we started in 2003 has been to break all of those trends. We have seen our students accept over $1,000,000 in scholarships to major colleges and conservatories across the US... We know our approach has helped these students as well as our beginning-level students of all ages. It's not just as simple as "making music fun". It's a deep-rooted philosophy and approach that we are always refining.
Here are the basics:
- Music concepts are more important the repertoire - by mastering the concepts behind the music, the repertoire comes easily
- Reading music, playing by ear and improvising are equally important - we emphasize all in our lessons
- Technology can help students review important concepts covered in online lessons as well as provide great practice help - we encourage all of this
- The latest research in brain science and education saves a lot of headache for students - we integrate these approaches as much as possible
- Individuality and expression is essential - we want all of our students to be unique in their process and sound
If you think we would work for your goals, feel free to sign up for a free Zoom trial lesson with one of our teachers. Or, click here to learn more about our school and philosophy.
Students can learn to play a wide range of musical styles and genres.
Each student is unique and we want to help everyone express their personality through music.
If you're a 5-year-old or a 95-year-old, we want to help you find your musical fire and help you learn to play and have fun at the same time.
Online lesson demo of a younger student...
Example of interactive support materials...
Online learning games for kids work in tandem with our methods...