How to Set Lesson Reminders and Notifications
Now that you’ve synced zoom with your phone’s calendar, follow these quick steps to set notifications for lessons to ensure that you never miss a lesson.
For iCal on iPhone/iPad:
If your iPhone’s notifications are turned on, skip to step 5 to set up reminders for a specific event.
- First, let’s make sure that your iphone settings will allow calendar notifications. Go to Settings.
- Under Settings, Tap on Notifications.
- You should see a list of all the apps on your phone that can send notifications. Tap on Calendar and make sure that Allow Notifications is turned on.
- You should also see Upcoming Events right below the allow notifications button. Tap this too and make sure that Allow Notifications is also turned on there. Here, you can also set the type of alerts you want to receive.
Now that notifications have been turned on, let’s go to the calendar app and set a reminder for the lesson.
Go to your calendar and click on the scheduled lesson. This will take you to Event Details.
Under Event details, tap Alert to choose when you’d like to receive a reminder notification. When you select an option, make sure to select Save for future events so that the reminder appears every week.
Now you will receive a notification before your zoom lesson each week.
For Google Calendar on Android:
- Go to the Google Calendar app.
- Go to your zoom lesson event and tap Edit.
- Tap add notification and select a reminder timing.
- Tap Save.
Alternatively, you can set reminders through your computer after logging in to Gmail.
- Go to Google Calendar.
Tap on your zoom lesson event and tap Edit.
- Next to the notification bell, you can select whether you’d like to be notified by a notification or email, and when you’d like to receive a reminder for the event.
- Tap Save at the top of the page to confirm.
You should now receive reminders before your zoom lesson each week.